What’s going to happen to those who don’t choose the Lord’s ways over their own ways? Lovers of their own selves more than lovers of God, it does not say that they don’t love God, it says they love themselves more than they love God. We are all receivers of God’s mercy and truth. If you have a fear of God, you have hope. The Lord wants a people He can trust! We’re not those people yet. We think we are, but we’re not. By the fear of the Lord you depart from evil.
CLICK ABOVE TO LISTEN TO THE 2012 GROTON VT REVIVAL
SERVICE NOTES FOR 2012 GROTON VT REVIVAL
2012-07-23 to 2012-07-25 – Groton Vermont Revival
- Steven Atherton
- Robin Atherton
Proverbs 16:6, Romans 13, John 15, John 17:4, Matthew 8, 1 John 17, 1 Thessalonians, Ephesians 4:11, Joshua 1, 1 Corinthians 9:16, 1 John 1, Ephesians 4:11, 1 Corinthians 13:4, Joshua 1, 1 Kings 19:1, Acts 8, Acts 6, John 3, 1 Corinthians 12, 1 Corinthians 4:1, 1 John 2:6, 1 Corinthians 4:17, John 14:1, James 1, 1 Peter 1:1, Titus 3, 1 Kings 18:17, Thessalonians 1, John 17, Timothy, Titus, Joshua 1:16, 1 Kings 18:17, Isaiah 3:12, James, Psalm 15, 1 John 15, Romans 8, 1 John 2, Galatians 3:1, John 17:11, John 14:10, Mark 16:14, Joshua 21:1, Joshua 23, Joshua 24:13
- What’s going to happen to those who don’t choose the Lord’s ways over their own ways?
- Lovers of their own selves more than lovers of God, it does not say that they don’t love God, it says they love themselves more than they love God.
- We are all receivers of God’s mercy and truth.
- If you have a fear of God, you have hope.
- Timothy was faithful to the Gospel of the Lord because he was faithful to Paul.
- The Lord wants a people He can trust! We’re not those people yet. We think we are, but we’re not.
- We don’t get to take our way into His body. We don’t get to keep our excuses and walk in His ways.
- By the fear of the Lord you depart from evil.
- God did not give us hope so we could continue in our ways and not care about being His servants.
- Paul was a bond servant. What are you going to be? What are you going to choose?
- If you’ll choose Him, your brothers and sisters in the Lord will be able to help you.
- Don’t become a dead weight that is cut off.
- We see what happened to those who resisted Moses, the earth opened up and they and their families were swallowed up by the earth.
- Let us not misuse and abuse the grace and mercy of God and take it so lightly.
- Authority in the Church.
- Most of us are guilty of not giving heed to authority.
- The reality that you might go to hell, is something that does not even occur to most Christians.
- God has a will, it is that everyone has to walk by faith. We don’t all have the same walk of faith.
- It’s the evil heart of unbelief that causes people to depart, not what people see after the flesh.
- Murder, adultery, is not too big for God to cover. Where sin abounds, grace abounds more.
- Sin doesn’t keep you from entering in, it’s unbelief.
- There’s no such thing as Christian ethics. Men become comfortable in unbelief and justify themselves in unbelief and do not choose the fear of the Lord.
- If Jesus knew everything, He wouldn’t have to pray to His Father.
- Does it provoke fear in you if you don’t do exactly as those in authority over you tell you to do?
- If your minister is esteemed, is it because he is ministering God’s word or is it because he is ministering to your flesh?
- We like our ministers to look the part of being holy men of God. We don’t like them to walk around without a sure place to lay their head, with everybody trying to kill them.
- If you join people who are afraid to be close to those hated by the world, then you are just like them.