Take the Lord seriously, not yourself. God’s agenda vs your own agenda.
LISTEN TO ENTIRE SC SERVICE
LISTEN TO ROBIN ATHERTON PREACH
LISTEN TO PHILLIP WALTHALL PREACH
LISTEN TO BRAD CAPSHAW PREACH
Service Notes For Sunday 2017-12-31
- Phillip Walthall
- Robin Atherton
- Brad Capshaw
Philippians 1:1-6, Colossians 1:12-23, 1 Corinthians 1:1-10, John 3:15
- Be excited about what the Lord is able to accomplish and what He is accomplishing.
- It was by Jesus Christ going to that cross and paying the price for you that He is able to present you holy, unblameable, and unreproveable.
- He is well able; you are not bigger than God! You are not too screwed up for God.
- You can walk away from the hope of the Gospel and Him, or you can embrace the Gospel and a hope in Him.
- You can enter into His rest; you simply believe Him.
- You can trust Him and have a great hope in Him.
- Take the Lord seriously, not yourself.
- Embrace the Lord’s agenda, not your own.
- He will not give you the gifts of God if you’re about glorifying you and consuming them of your own lusts.
- If you are about what He would have you do, we as a body will be of one mind, one accord.
- Make the decision to be about Him: seek to have His mind, His judgement, come together as a body.
- It’s time to really be about Him. There is only life in Him. Do all by His might, His power, His love, His strength.
- We can’t be of the same mind if we’re going to do what we think.
- We can overcome by what He did. There is nothing in us that chooses right, outside of Him.