Perfect obedience and submission comes from hearing and doing perfectly that which is given to you to hear and do.
LISTEN TO ENTIRE SOUTH CAROLINA SERVICE
WATCH THE SERVICE ON FACEBOOK
LISTEN TO PHILLIP WALTHALL & STEVE ATHERTON PREACH
Service Notes For Sunday South Carolina 2020-03-22
- Phillip Walthall
- Steve Atherton
- Colossians 1:16, Romans 13:1
- Outside of Christ there was a void and no joy. Phillip saw that he had 2 options:
- Rock stars partied and died young, but they had fun. That sounded good. Or
- Everyone else worked hard, complained all the time and were miserable. That didn’t sound good.
- You were created BY Him and FOR Him. When you are doing that which you were created to do, it’s like the missing piece to a puzzle is found and then you have joy.
- You are born alienated from the purpose (created by Him and for Him), but when you are born again you are reunited with Him and you find your purpose.
- He reconciled you through the blood shed on the cross.
- When you accept Christ you become a child of God.
- The goal is to go from child to servant to friend of God.
- While you are alienated from God, you’ve been getting cursed information fed to you from your feelings and thoughts, which are ALL wrong.
- The 3 second scrub feels awful for 3 seconds, but it keeps the infection at bay.
- In Romans 13 the higher powers being spoken of are the higher powers of God and are instilled into His ministers.
- Ananias and Sapphira didn’t have to die if they had only spoken truthfully. They pretended to give everything they had but lied and only gave a part. They lied to God through the power ordained of God. If they had been honest, they would have lived. Their deaths had nothing to do with the fact that they didn’t give everything, it had everything to do with the fact that they lied about it to God.
- When you don’t adhere to those over you, you’re not adhering to God.
- You can’t go by your own understanding and be blessed!
- You will partake of the Lord when you listen and do what those the Lord placed over you instruct you in.
- The Lord looks at things differently than you do!
- The Lion of God and Lamb of Judah are equally important.