Loving one another gives us the desire to serve. Service is key to understanding the will of the Lord.
LISTEN TO ENTIRE TX SERVICE
LISTEN TO STEVEN ATHERTON PREACH
WATCH THE FACEBOOK VIDEO OF THE TEXAS SUNDAY SERVICE
Service Notes For Sunday 2017-09-10
- Steven Atherton
- Bob Hicks
Romans 12:1-5, John 15:10-15, Psalm 37:4, Ephesians 5:17-21, Jeremiah 23:33-40, John 15:10-15, Psalm 37:4, Ephesians 5:17-21, Jeremiah 23:33-40
- Are you reading enough? Are you demonstrating your faith? Are you praying enough? Are you fellowshipping? This is how we show that we are members of His body.
- Renew your mind by studying the Word, listening to the Word, fellowshipping with Christians and praying.
- Stay in the body, don’t be conformed to this world. Be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
- Our nation is 180 degrees out of whack from when our founding fathers founded this nation. The time to believe is now before the Lord removes all His grace from the nation.
- Jesus says “this is my commandment, that ye love one another as I have loved you.” Loving one another gives us the desire to serve.
- You cannot be a Christian if you do not serve.
- Service is not only doing things for others, but also obedience and submission to our masters. The result of that service is joy.
- Service is the key to understanding what the will of the Lord is.
- Make melody in your heart to the Lord, joy is there, and you will look for more ways to serve.
- Joy is an attribute of love. Come to the place of what you want does not matter and receive the joy of the Lord.
- The opposite is mentioned in Jeremiah: the burden of the Lord. If you don’t want to serve, you are saying the burden of the Lord. Those in that situation will be cast out of the Lord’s presence.