To be perfect is a command, it’s not a suggestion. We’ve got everything delivered unto us that we need to be able to do just that.
LISTEN TO ENTIRE SUNDAY TEXAS SERVICE
WATCH FACEBOOK VIDEO OF TEXAS SERVICE
LISTEN TO STEVEN ATHERTON PREACH
Service Notes For Sunday Texas 2019-01-20
- Steve Atherton
- Teaching on 2 Peter 1 http://www.thefishermenministry.org/writings/teachings/2-peter-1/
- Matthew 5:48, James 1:22, John 14:13, 2 Timothy 2:15, 2 Peter 1, John 1:12, Luke 10:19, Matthew 10:8, John 15:5, Romans 12:1-3, Colossians 3:2, 2 Corinthians 10:12, 2 Corinthians 12:9, Matthew 7:21-23, Mark 16:15-20, Matthew 7:7-8, Matthew 7:13-14
- To be perfect is a command, not a suggestion.
- We’ve got everything delivered unto us that we need to be able to do just that.
- Perfect means to be fully equipped to be able to do what we need to do.
- When we are doers of the Word, we are walking in that perfection that the Lord has called us to.
- Do we ever consider 100% to be our goal all the time?
- We cannot ignore the feedback loop if we want to be perfect.
- God gave us his Word, so we can know it. We will be tested on it one day, we can pass through perfectly, if we will. How serious do we take our walk in the Lord? Are we going to do whatever it takes to pass through perfectly.
- Are the words that come out of our mouth the words that God would have us speak or are they our own words?
- The living sacrifice that we make is dying unto ourselves, laying our lives down and taking up the Lord’s life.
- Our mind gets renewed and reformed by the Word. Then we can do the ways of the Lord.
- A Christian’s job is to make clear what is that good and acceptable perfect will of God, then others can see what the perfect will of God is in every situation.
- When Jesus is our standard, is there anything to ever be high-minded about? NO, NOT AT ALL!
- We can pass on the same hope we have in Christ, to anyone who wants it.
- When we fail it should affect us, we need to let it be a thing that would drive us not to remain there. He is big enough to redeem all our mistakes and weaknesses.
- It is an impossibility for us to fail, if we want to find and want to enter in the strait gate to heaven. If we ask for it, if we seek it, we will get it! That’s a promise!