The cage of pride that we choose to dwell in, Jesus freed us when we asked Him into our lives.
LISTEN TO ENTIRE SUNDAY TEXAS SERVICE
WATCH FACEBOOK VIDEO OF TEXAS SERVICE
LISTEN TO CHARLES HOCKER PREACH
Service Notes For Sunday Texas 2019-04-14
- Charles Hocker
- Steven Atherton
- Pilgrim’s Progress by John Bunyan
- Lean not unto your own understanding.
- When you accept Christ and He starts showing you who you really are, it can be quite painful.
- Once you accept the Lord, that which you were raised in and believed to be true before, has to die, because it is wrong.
- Our natural condition is to despair.
- When you start to lose hope, it becomes harder and harder to see the light.
- The bars of the cage we are in is made out of pride.
- Part of getting out of the cage is that we have to realize we can’t do anything without Christ. EVEN if you’ve done it a million times before.
- While you are in the cage you feel safe from the things outside, however you are dying inside.
- All sin stems from pride. All love stems from humility.
- Gods desire is for us to be set free from the cage of pride.
- To be set free is to take that which we think has value and leave it in the cage.
- Only one can set us free from the cage. Jesus set us free when we accepted Him as our Lord and Savior. We choose to stay in the cage, holding onto the past and the things that we think are good. Those things are killing us.
- In man is darkness, despair and misery. In Christ is light, hope and joy.
- In order to fulfill the calling of the Lord, we have to be free from the cage.
- Pride values the things you hold onto.
- Step out recognizing you have no strength at all!