The first step to faith is actually going forward and doing that which you need to do.
LISTEN TO ENTIRE SUNDAY TEXAS SERVICE
WATCH FACEBOOK VIDEO OF TEXAS SERVICE
LISTEN TO COREY SWEET PREACH
Service Notes For Sunday Texas 2019-10-06
- Corey Sweet
- Rick Eutsler, Jr.
- Psalm 138, 2 Peter 1:1, Matthew 6:22-24
- Steve’s message on Agenda.
- Corey got a job offer which he was excited about because it would be in South Carolina and he could stay with the fellowship in South Carolina, which would allow him to be out in public but with the safety and support of brothers and sisters in the Lord.
- The job offer fell through, but Corey chose to start the course to get certified. That was the first step toward faith.
- Corey woke up worrying about the course he has committed to completing. He promptly stubbed his toe and fell to his knees and he heard “That’s your worry”. He then prayed to get rid of the attitude.
- The Lord does not want you to worry. That is not of faith.
- Corey talked about where he reached the point of trusting the Lord entirely, and knowing He isn’t there right now.
- While the body of Christ is made up of many individuals, it is one body.
- Diligence to complete a task is not just about remembering to do something, it’s about doing it right away so you won’t forget.
- The first step to faith is actually going forward and doing that which you need to do.
- You may not have the intention to tell your boss or authority or God “screw you”, but when you don’t do it, that’s exactly what you’re doing.
- You have despised His Word when you know what is right and you know His Word and yet you don’t go forward and do it.
- You wake up in the position of self, you have to change that before you even get up in the morning.
- You can not serve you and “work God in”.
- When you abandon all of those things that are about you, when you line up your will to do His will, when your heart is to serve the Lord, none of the other things are a problem.
- If you take the time to center yourself to God’s will and you trust Him for everything, diligence becomes less of a problem because you are diligent to complete His task.
- There is plenty of time, resources etc for you to accomplish that which the Lord has for you to accomplish in a day.
- If you are trying to serve God and yourself, you’re deceiving yourself because you are only serving yourself.
- Serving yourself, you will lose everything. Serving God, He will restore everything.