The Lord doesn’t bring people to us to hear what we have to say, He brings them to us to hear what He has to say. Take the mantle of being a soldier for Jesus Christ seriously.
LISTEN TO ENTIRE WEDNESDAY TEXAS SERVICE
LISTEN TO STEVEN ATHERTON PREACH
WATCH THE FACEBOOK VIDEO OF THE TX WEDNESDAY SERVICE
Service Notes for Wednesday Texas 2017-12-27
- Steven Atherton
Acts 16:23-26, Romans 12:21, 2 Timothy 2:1-6, 1 Timothy 1:15, Ephesians 5:21-6:10, 1 Timothy 1:17
- Why is it a joy to serve the Lord? There is a hope that is sure in serving Jesus Christ like nothing else! We struggle to walk in joy because unbelief enters in.
- We need to be confident of our victory in Christ!
- When we enter into war, there should be real sacrifice. We expect there not to be any sacrifice, but still gain the things we want.
- The Lord doesn’t bring people to us to hear what we have to say, He brings them to us to hear what He has to say.
- Be not overcome by the evil which is within us.
- Brotherly love is to minister one to another.
- How can we hold anyone to a standard they don’t know exists? They’re our enemy by ignorance.
- If we’re going to be able to help, we are going to have to overcome evil with good.
- This nation needs to change! We need to show people who Jesus Christ is and what He can do in truth!
- It has nothing to do with deservedness to walk in Christ’s power. He is the only reason we can do anything, we need to constantly go to Him for everything!
- How can we minister in the power and love of Jesus Christ when we give into everything around us?
- Jesus is the priority always. If you want a thing, go get it, if you don’t get it, it’s because you don’t want it.
- If we love those around us we will do what it takes to learn the things of the Lord to be able to share them with those around us.
- A body is a finely tuned instrument that works together always.
- Humility is fundamental to submission. It’s a complete yielding.
- Everyday we have the opportunity to war a good warfare. If we do, we can plant the seeds of love, the gospel, every day, and everywhere we go, in everything we do.
- We have to labor in the doctrine, else we lose it.
- Take the mantle of being a soldier for Jesus Christ seriously.