When you pray for something, is it to glorify God or satisfy your selfishness?
LISTEN TO ENTIRE SUNDAY VT SERVICE
Service Notes For Sunday Vermont 2019-09-15
- Jim Cannon
- Jeanne Lamica
- 1 Peter 3:12-18, Hebrews 11:6, Matthew 6
- When you pray for something, is it to glorify God or satisfy your selfishness?
- God does answer prayers!
- Instead of praying “how do I deal with such and such” ask the Lord to “HELP you with such and such”.
- Continue to trust Jesus every day.
- Once you ask the Lord to cover your sins, He doesn’t see them anymore.
- Are you keeping your salvation penned up?
- Just as you want to drive your new car for people to see, so should you want people to see your salvation in the Lord.
- When you allow yourselves to be overburdened, it is because you are doing things in your own strength rather than giving it to the Lord and trusting Him.
- If you are not trusting the Lord, then you are not loving Him.