What the Lord is asking us to do is lay down our life to Him and allow Him to build up that new life in Him. When we lose our life for His name’s sake, then every good thing of the Lord is available to us.
LISTEN TO ENTIRE WEDNESDAY VT SERVICE
LISTEN TO STEVEN ATHERTON PREACH
Service Notes For Wednesday Vermont 2018-07-25
- Steven Atherton
- Mark 8:34-38, 1 Corinthians 13:2, Mark 10:15, John 14:6, Acts, Psalm 22, Isaiah 53-54, Colossians 1:17, James 1:1-8
- Who do you trust, yourself or the Lord? If it’s yourself, you are mistaken. Anything I can do Christ can do better, so why would I do anything? He does absolutely everything better than anyone!
- All too often when we are doing things, they point to us and not the Lord. It is all in vain. What the Lord is asking us to do is lay down our life to Him and allow Him to build up that new life in Him.
- Who did Jesus hang out with? Sinners. If we are the Lord’s and about His business, then we’re going to take time for those people He would have you minister unto.
- The way of the world is “what’s in it for me?”, when we are Christians it’s not about that, we have everything we need in Christ. What we have we want to share.
- Our life is not our own anymore, we are about our heavenly father’s business and He will enter into every aspect of our lives and enrich them.
- Everything in the entire universe is held together by Jesus! The Bible is a very scientific book. We will never believe in these things if we believe what is taught in the world.
- The Lord is the only one who can keep us focused on Him, your confidence needs to be in Him not yourself.
- If you are going to preach the Gospel, you need to live by the Gospel. Which means when you fall you can choose to stand in the Lord’s grace and extend it to others. The Lord uses us to glorify Him in all situations, to show others His grace.
- We are to go on unto perfection, perfection is only in Christ, we need to be in Him. Put on His mind and cast off our old mind.
- Christ died for every single person in the world, but it only profits some.
- If we are going to seek to save our life or add Jesus to it, we are a double-minded man and will receive nothing. When we lose our life for His name’s sake then every good thing of the Lord is available to us. We have to ask in faith, nothing wavering.
- Submit your life unto the Lord and He will bless you in ways you never thought of. Christ gives us life and that more abundantly, let Christ be your guide. He wants good things for you.