You need to be little in your own sight at all times. Humble yourself before the Lord.
LISTEN TO ENTIRE WEDNESDAY TEXAS SERVICE
WATCH THE FACEBOOK VIDEO OF THE TX WEDNESDAY SERVICE
LISTEN TO MEGAN & STEVEN ATHERTON PREACH
Service Notes For Wednesday Texas 2018-12-19
- Megan Atherton
- Steven Atherton
- Mark 16, 1 Samuel 15, Isaiah 59:1-2, Psalm 138:2, 1 Corinthians 13
- You need to get a handle on what it truly means to be free in Christ.
- The reason most people in churches take everything to the leaders is because they’re not being taught the Word, the Gospel. If they were taught the Gospel then they would know that THEY have been given the power of God.
- You should be little in your own sight (humble) and be fully reliant on the Lord, when you rely on yourselves it is you seeing yourselves as big, (being proud).
- The Lord says He will never leave you nor forsake you, He means it, He keeps His Word. It is you who leave Him when you deny your need for Him.
- When your prayers are not going up it is because they are not in humility or love. This feels as if your prayers are hitting a brass ceiling.
- Your sin is not what keeps you from the Lord, it’s pride that would not allow you to be covered by Jesus’ blood. The Lord uses your sin to teach you the Gospel.
- You cannot earn your salvation, it is only by receiving the Gospel that you will receive salvation.
- There is no judgement, because people aren’t standing in the Lord. People need an intercessor, they have problems. If you will be humble, you can be a part of that intercessory for others.
- Sin shows us our need for a savior continuously. Sin itself doesn’t condemn anybody, people are condemned because of unbelief.
- The new life is the circumcision of the heart and the dying to the old man so that you can be free!
- There is nothing you can’t do in Christ, get up and run in all the good things of Christ!
- If every believer would stand up and walk in the liberty we have in Christ, all sorts of people would then see that they can do it too!