A rose garden is tended to by a gardener who pulls out the weeds. Jesus pulls out the weeds from our hearts.
LISTEN TO ENTIRE WEDNESDAY TEXAS SERVICE
WATCH THE FACEBOOK VIDEO OF THE TX WEDNESDAY SERVICE
LISTEN TO MEGAN ATHERTON PREACH
Service Notes For Wednesday Texas 2019-02-06
- Megan Atherton
- 1 Samuel 16:14, 1 Samuel 17:26
- Those who live in the world live in bondage to satan, why do YOU?
- Why do you give satan place in your life?
- The Secret Garden book is about overcoming hardness of heart.
- With a little care and looking you can see the buds, the testimonies of the things God has done in and through you.
- In The Secret Garden, the garden got covered over, becoming unfruitful.
- A rose garden is tended to by a gardener who pulls out the weeds. Jesus pulls out the weeds from our lives.
- If you don’t bury that old man, it’s going to rise up and overtake you.
- If you as a Christian lay down your life, sow the seed then the Lord tends to it and it sprouts into a new “rose bush”.
- It’s important to think about and remember all the good things God has done so you can then get all excited about the Lord and know that the testimony of the Lord is in your life.
- Not once in the story of David does he point fingers at the Israelites.
- Have you ever noticed that David’s fathers house were promised freedom if he fought Goliath and won? Saul never kept that promise and David didn’t hold it against him.
- We ought to be examples so the Lord can create new “rose bushes”.
- Faith to faith is the quantum leap and it’s our faith to His faith.
- Battle against your flesh is battling against the principalities and powers.
- David wouldn’t use Saul’s armor because it wasn’t proven (he hadn’t practiced with it and didn’t know how it would handle) however he was practiced in slinging stones. We need to be practiced in order to win the battle.
- If you are faithful in small things, God will give you more.
- Though Saul reneged on his deal with whomever would slew Goliath, David didn’t hold it against him.
- The lemon tree is just a lemon tree sharing what a lemon tree has – lemons. Christians have Christ and get to share Christ.