Delight yourself in the Lord and He shall give you the desires of your heart.
LISTEN TO STEVEN ATHERTON PREACH
Service Notes For Sunday 2018-03-28
- Steven Atherton
Psalm 37:1-4, John 14:8-18, John 17:20-23, 2 Peter 1:19, Ruth 1:16, 2 Peter 1:2, Luke 4:16-19, Galatians 5:6, James 1:5
- We are called to believe on Christ, that is to believe the entire WORD in context.
- When we are content to dwell in the land and be fed and our desire is for the things of the Lord, we waste our time thinking of the things of the world, which only brings worries and cares.
- To delight ourselves in the Lord is to dwell IN the Body of Christ and delight ourselves in all the things of His kingdom and in all His attributes. As we do this the desires of our heart will change.
- Just as Jesus had no agenda apart from the will of His Father, so every aspect of our life should be submitted unto the Lord. We should hold onto nothing apart from Him.
- Jesus is THE WORD of GOD. The Scripture itself is that more sure word of prophecy that we have, which we are to BELIEVE. As we do, Jesus’ prayer from John 17:20-23 becomes effectual in our lives and we become one with He and His Father.
- We cannot be one with God and be outside the body of Christ. If we want to be one with Christ, His agenda alone needs to be our life.
- As our knowledge of Jesus grows, we are able to operate in Him more abundantly.
- People have to be built up in the faith that they may walk it out.
- As Jesus pointed people to His Father, we point people to Jesus. In so doing, the Father is glorified in the Son.
- The Father honored everything that Jesus asked, because Jesus was ALWAYS about His Father’s business. He had no other agenda.
- If we are in His Body and been baptized into His Spirit, then the same Spirit that was upon Jesus to do the works of God is upon us and so anything Jesus did we can do also. The mission of the body of Christ has never changed!
- What do you pray for? If you want to pray a prayer that you know God will answer then pray according to scripture.
- Why would you want anything other than the will of the Lord? Do you think your will is better than His? The absolute best that we can ever hope or want is what we can have in Christ Jesus!