How do we climb the mountain of God?
LISTEN TO STEVEN ATHERTON PREACH
Service Notes For Wednesday Texas 2017-12-06
- Steven Atherton
James 4:5-10, Proverbs 6:27, Proverbs 16:5-6, John 5:30, Philippians 2:8, John 8:32, John 8:31, Mark 16:10-15, Acts 3:1-12, 1 Corinthians 1:28, Mark 7:13-23, Genesis 6:5, 1 Timothy 6:1
- Climbing the mountain of God.
- We don’t realize how contrary our own nature is to God.
- When we offer up ourselves we are offering an abomination to the Lord.
- Nothing abominable is going to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, nor the Kingdom of God.
- When we know the Lord in truth, His way is always the way of humility.
- Jesus came in the form of a servant.
- By mercy and truth iniquity is purged, the only time we can experience mercy is when we acknowledge truth.
- When we’re having a struggle we tend to blame everything and everyone around us. That is all pride, without exception.
- We are sinners by nature, everyone is.
- When the Word testifies against us, our tendencies are to turn away. If we do that, we will never get purged nor set free.
- When He lifts us up, we are truly lifted up into all the good things of Him!
- The apostles of the Lord were people just like us. Humility lets us see that everything that was given unto them, is available to us as well.
- Why aren’t we doing the works of God? Because we haven’t climbed the mountain of God. We can only climb the mountain of God in humility.
- Pride is the impurity, when God shines his light into our hearts, if it’s filled with pride, the light will miss the mark.
- When we are full of pride, we will not bring truth but a perverted version.
- It is the Spirit of God that opens our understanding to the things of Him.
- Every man’s heart is only evil continually. The only way to get free of the evil within our hearts, is to acknowledge the truth.
- Trust in the Lord, and His promise! Take God seriously, not yourselves.