Cover your sins or confess & forsake them. When you humble yourself and your sins are revealed you find mercy. Step into the storm in faith and God shows up.
LISTEN TO ENTIRE SOUTH CAROLINA SERVICE
WATCH FACEBOOK VIDEO OF SOUTH CAROLINA SERVICE
LISTEN TO BRAD CAPSHAW & STEVEN ATHERTON PREACH
Service Notes For Sunday South Carolina 2020-11-01
- Brad Capshaw
- Steve Atherton
- Psalm 25, Proverbs 28:13, Ephesians 1:1, Ephesians 2:1, Luke 16:20, Matthew 6:33-34, Ephesians 4:1, 2 Timothy 1:6
- When you humble yourself and your sins are revealed you find mercy. You either cover your sins or you confess them and forsake them.
- All of us are born in trespasses and sins, how can you serve Christ without repentance? You can’t.
- Just as leopards can’t change their spots, elephants can’t change what they are, you can’t change what you are by nature. God can accomplish a change through you.
- Pride blinds you to the truth about yourself.
- If you will seek the kingdom of God and His righteousness, the need for any of your own is gone and His is received by faith.
- Is walking worthy of the vocation looking a certain way? No, to walk worthy of a vocation is to not be a coward to step out in what God has told you to do. Christ can do that which we can not do.
- You don’t have to remain subject to the fear, you have to confront it with faith. You have a victory in Christ if you will use the tools He has given you.
- Just as the eagle soars about the storm a Christian should head into the storm. The purpose of your equipment is to run into the storm, you go in because that’s what God has called you to do. You step into the storm in faith and God shows up.
- Lowliness is seeing yourself accurately as you are, not seeing yourself as more. Meekness is recognizing your total dependence on God.
- Are there things that you think discredit others from going to be the with the Lord? Are there things that you think discredit you from going to be the with the Lord? Both are equal lies, God invites all of us to His table, not withstanding all we have done.
- Know that He can do that which we cannot do ourselves.