Walking in courage and boldness as a lion. Do you want to be bold as a lion? You have to walk in lowliness and meekness, then you can walk worthy of the vocation. Get down between yourself and the Lord and embrace the choice to be a solider for Christ.
LISTEN TO ENTIRE SOUTH CAROLINA SERVICE
LISTEN TO STEVE ATHERTON PREACH
Service Notes For Sunday South Carolina 2020-11-15
- Steven Atherton
- When you’re a soldier you’re a soldier all the time. People don’t realize when they receive Christ as their Lord and savior they’re enlisting in His army.
- As a father you’re going to have to listen to your cabinet (your wife, close friends, others with children) but in the end you’re going to have to stand in what you did, before the Lord.
- The church is trying to impose God’s law on people who are not Christians. It’s utterly ridiculous to expect that, you should have compassion on them.
- As the head of the family, a father is the one to say “Go do this”, the expectation is then that the wife and children will obey.
- The ways of God are radically different from our ways. Once you see that, you begin to see why being a Christian takes courage. Our nature is not for God, our nature is contrary to God.
- We as parents are going to have to get ready for situations.
- Being a Christian is a military act in every aspect of your life. It takes courage to stand in Christ that others may come to know the Lord.
- If you want God to back you up in that which you’re doing, do it His way, not yours.
- How do you ‘be righteous’? To be righteous you have to first recognize you have NO righteousness, except for Christ’s intervention.
- You have to have the lowliness and meekness of mind to be ready to receive whatever it is that God has for you. If you’re going to be able to stand it’s going to be solely in Him.
- Do you want to be bold as a lion? You have to walk in lowliness and meekness, then you can walk worthy of the vocation. Get down between yourself and the Lord and embrace the choice to be a solider for Christ.
- When the people of God stand in Christ there’s nobody who can stand before them.