Run by faith with patience, looking unto Jesus, the author AND finisher of your faith.
LISTEN TO ENTIRE WEDNESDAY TEXAS SERVICE
WATCH THE FACEBOOK VIDEO OF THE TX WEDNESDAY SERVICE
LISTEN TO ROBIN ATHERTON PREACH
Service Notes For Wednesday Texas 2020-05-27
- Robin Atherton
- Hebrews 12:1-7, 1 Timothy 1:12, Matthew 5, James 1:5, 2 Peter 1:4, 1 Corinthians 13
- This body, The Fishermen Ministry, has been going through a calling to account, which can shake you. But that isn’t a bad thing. If you hear the things that are spoken to you and allow the Lord to show you the truth about where you have been, it isn’t to your condemnation, but how can you move to a different place unless you first know where you are and second what the other place should be.
- The Word of God came to us showing that we have not embraced as we ought to. The first commandment is to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. That is because you need to choose that love, it doesn’t happen by nature, it only happens by a choice.
- The choice is in the knowledge that He is able to perform what we can not. That is why you love Him through the whole thing, even when chastening seemeth grievous.
- In Hebrews 12:1, the Apostle Paul didn’t set himself as someone who didn’t have to fight this fight or was done with this fight. He is exhorting himself along with all who will hear that they might come into obedience.
- You have weights and sin beset you, no maybe about it, it does! That is not something to be defeated by, run with patience the race set before you. Don’t be caught up in failure, be caught up in the knowledge and hope that is in Him.
- Joy in the Lord transcends your failures and can lift you out of them so you no longer are there.
- Run by faith with patience, looking unto Jesus, the author AND finisher of your faith.
- Jesus Christ was manifestly set before you, not because of some miracle, but because it was made manifest to you in some way that you KNEW it was the truth, even if you didn’t know how to walk in that truth yet.
- Jesus IS the author and finisher of your faith and if you are a believer, you will believe that.
- If you can believe the Word of God, because of what it says, you can truly walk in a hope that will work a work in you.
- The Word of God comes with correction. To endure chastening is not just to live through it, it is to allow it to have the work intended.
- Don’t suffer through, look to God for the work He is to perform in you. It’s not a work you can do, it’s a work HE can do and you need to know His promise that He WILL do it.
- God shares with us the things we haven’t walked in so that by His power we can do differently. He doesn’t condemn us.
- You don’t want to run with patience, you want it to be right now.
- You need to grab hold of the mustard seed faith, if you have that, you know the end and that gives you a hope and you’re able to maintain to the end.
- By nature you need to be the worker of your own righteousness. It is the hardest thing to the flesh to walk in the knowledge that it lacks all righteousness and yet walk in the righteousness of God nonetheless.
- Who then can be saved? The righteous scarcely can be saved. If you truly believe that, you might be more desirous of doing what it takes to serve the Lord in accordance with His will. Get more desirous, all of you, do what it takes!
- If you have the mustard seed faith and believe God is possible with you and your most weakest things, you can have victory because you know with Christ you can overcome. With man it is impossible, but with God all things are possible.
- Christ on the cross and Steven at the stoning, both prayed for those who did ignorantly. When Paul heard the truth, he was so blessed to be considered worthy of that truth. How blessed are you to have received the truth you received?
- You obtain mercy because you do things ignorantly in unbelief.
- You have to forget the things behind and press toward the mark and high calling of Christ Jesus. That’s what you have to do, there is no other way. That’s loving the Lord your God with ALL your heart, soul, mind and strength. If you are satisfied with anything short of that, you don’t find what God has given you is really that extraordinary of a gift. It IS an extraordinary gift!
- Will you get hung up on how short you fall or are you going to humble yourself and press again toward the mark? Don’t stay in the appalled at yourself state. Do with all diligence and press towards the things of Christ by faith because He said He would perform it. Allow that work to work in you. If you will, it will happen today, tomorrow and every day.
- When you are weak, you have a master you can go to who can show you a different way.
- The only way to learn His ways is through obedience. You won’t learn what you don’t do. It might make sense to you, but unless you do your homework (obedience), it does no good.
- By 2 or more witnesses is anything established. Davy always wanted to record services because the Word could be out there where someone could hear years after it was preached. You should listen more than once in the hope that it gets beyond you and you can hear and know and do the things of God. They need to be important to you or you won’t do it!
- Those in the ministry have heard 4 Bible Studies (if you aren’t part of our fellowship and would like access to them you can find them here: Teaching on Famine, Pestilence & Plagues.
- If you want to follow the Lord and be a part of God in this time to the benefit of others, all the services referenced above are ones you will want to hear.
- Ask and it shall be given unto you. That means you may have to put forth an effort to get to the other side and receive His answer. Your hope has to be in the God who can teach you to receive the supernatural. He is able. This comes with patience so you will know the power and might of God to work a work that is needful in each of you.
- If you can’t believe God over what you see, you’ll never get it, because it’s not a work of your flesh, it’s a work of God!
- You can’t know the tender mercies of God without repentance. If you haven’t been doing the things God has called you to, you need to acknowledge your fault and repent.
- When you’re appalled at yourself, you can humble yourself and repent, recognize who you are and who God is. You can count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations for the trying of your faith worketh patience. Let patience have her perfect work.
- If you are going to be a servant of God it will require you to have a walk where you will be longsuffering to another and you will partake of the sufferings of Christ. Just as you needed someone to suffer for your sake, others need you to do it for them.
- Run with patience as you walk out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Forgetting those things behind you.
- Hear the Apostle Paul’s word and do what he said.
- Your entire salvation is based on the simple truth that you need Him to the uttermost for all things, but if you don’t grab hold knowing you have Him, you’re never going to serve Him, you will stay in your sin and not even know it’s your fault.