Don’t lose sight of the blast radius. Embrace accountability. Actions have consequences that may affect more than just you.
LISTEN TO ENTIRE SUNDAY TEXAS SERVICE
WATCH FACEBOOK VIDEO OF TEXAS SERVICE
LISTEN TO CHARLES HOCKER PREACH
Service Notes For Sunday Texas 2019-09-22
- Charles Hocker
- Taping the camper message
- Joshua 7:1-26
- Brother Charles spoke about the opportunity to travel during summer having allowed for visiting of old friends as well as making new friends.
- Closeness forms in the army, a “band of brothers”, because of the hard things you go through together.
- Guns are not prevalent in the military, you’re only allowed your own assigned weapon in your room, otherwise it’s called contraband.
- Brother Charles spoke on the event where he was asked to take photos for thanksgiving for the military. He took the photos and then got drunk and passed out. When he awoke he had a thought that they were going to do a room inspection looking for contraband and that he needed to get rid of his gun and knife etc that were in his locker. He did get rid of them and, unbeknownst to him, while he slept off his drunkenness, his roommate and another guy had taken photos of Charles’ contraband and posed with them. When he had handed in the film for processing he was called in and asked about the photos. Your actions have consequences!
- Actions have consequences and they affect others. In a military sense, there’s a point of impact where you could be in the kill zone even though you were not the target.
- The things you do impacts those around you, even if they don’t realize it and you don’t realize it.
- Brother Charles’ decision to have contraband in the room, had it been found, would have affected many other people.
- Embrace accountability!
- God’s grace is sufficient and extends out.
- Brother Charles spoke about the message we heard recently about taping a camper.
- Just because you’re the one taping the camper, doesn’t mean you will ever be the one to lift a paintbrush to paint. This is like sewing the seed vs watering the seeds vs reaping the harvest.
- Are you going to stand for the Lord?