ESFTP SPECIAL MINISTRIES – FAMILY MINISTRY
Ministering within a family may actually be the single most important ministry there is period. After all, did not Jesus say: “where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” Matthew 18:20. That means every Christian household is (or should be) a local Body of Christ (or Church). This is what faithful Abraham did, God testifying of him as follows: “For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.” Genesis 18:19.
When men accept this responsibility, the household takes its proper place in God’s Kingdom as the key unit for transmitting God’s Word to His people. In our fellowship’s Covenant of Marriage, this responsibility is made express. Sadly, most Christians only know an extraordinarily watered down version of what God envisions for the family.
In God’s view the family unit, in its capacity as a Body of Christ, is the place where its members
- receive their daily bread from the Word of God;
- find refuge, compassion, healing and restoration from the battles they fight in the world;
- experience God’s love, equity, justice, wisdom, mercy and grace.
A properly ordered and operating household is key not only to God’s plan of salvation for its members, but also for equipping His people to walk in His ways that they may be able to stand and operate in His wisdom, power and love in ministering (as good ambassadors of Christ) to those that are without that they too might be saved. Moreover, it ensures that the faith is transmitted whole to future generations. Something that obviously has not been happening for some time now.
We share the Seminars, Bible studies and other materials referenced below in the hope that they will inspire, equip and teach you how to walk out this critical ministry in your own life. As with all things in Christ, the best way to learn to walk this out properly is through discipleship, where you have the opportunity to ask questions and receive practical counsel from someone with experience. If you have any questions, please get in contact with us.
2017 Ministers’ Conference Seminars on:
- Husbands/Fathers (Video to follow). Click here for the PDF 2017 Conference Seminar document on Husbands. Click here for the PDF 2017 Conference Seminar document on Fathers
- Wives/Mothers (Video to follow). Click here for the PDF 2017 Conference Seminar document on Wives/Mothers.
- Parents/Children (Video to follow).
At the 2016 Ministers’ Conference we studied 1 Timothy. On night 3 we covered 1 Timothy 3, which delves into the importance of the family ministry in determining one’s qualification for serving as a Bishop or Deacon in God’s Church. You can listen to that message here.
In addition to the above Ministers Conference messages, the Bible Studies recorded below include coverage on critical passages relating to the roles of husbands, wives and parents.
Men’s Bible Studies:
- Ephesians 5:21-33 (Men’s Tuesday Bible Study on 2011-11-08)
- Ephesians 6:1-4 (Men’s Tuesday Bible Study on 2011-11-15 recap of Ephesians 5 and Ephesians 6:1-4)
- Ephesians 6:1-24 (Men’s Tuesday Bible Study on 2011-11-22 recap of Ephesians 6:1-4 before complet
- Colossians 3:18-19 (Men’s Tuesday Bible Study on 2014-09-09)
- 1 Timothy 3:1-13 (Men’s Tuesday Bible Study on 2012-01-03 and 2012-01-10)
- Titus 1:5-9 (Men’s Tuesday Bible Study on 2012-05-15)
- 1 Peter 3:1-6 (Men’s Tuesday Bible Study on 2013-11-19)
- 1 Corinthians 7 Men’s Bible Study on unbelieving spouses (??)
Women’s Bible Studies: