Would you make a good minister of Jesus Christ? Our job is to minister as a soldier, Satan wants to keep people bound.
LISTEN TO ENTIRE SUNDAY VT SERVICE
Service Notes For Sunday Vermont 2019-08-11
- Steven Atherton
- Luke 8:26-40, Galatians 5:22-23, 2 Timothy 2:3-4, Ephesians 6:12, John 8:32, Ephesians 1:13-2:12
- Everything about you has to go in order for the Lord to use you in ministry. To be like Moses or Paul you need to get rid of everything that made you ‘something’ in the world.
- The Gadarene demoniac was on his knees worshipping God but his words were from demons. The people were terrified because they would have to give reason to the owners for the whole herd of pigs being drowned.
- You have to give up every part of your life in order to give everything to Jesus and to learn from Him.
- Would you make a good minister? If you believe the Word of God, you can do all things through Christ which strengthens you and you can even come to perfection, which is His command to us to do. If you say you can’t, it means you won’t.
- Openings to giving the Gospel can even apply to bankruptcy – you had a debt to pay as a Christian and Jesus paid it for you when you accepted His free gift of salvation, or how would you have been saved? Scripture also says every 7 years any debts were released (forgiven).
- The Gospel can be shared wherever you are, you don’t need to travel over the world to share it.
- Love of God is the fruit of the Holy Spirit. It tastes different from any other fruit one eats.
- Being faithful to your boss you are shown to be different and they tell others and so the Word spreads.
- After meeting Jesus, everything you did before, you now do better because of who He is. He only honors faith.
- Your job is to minister as a soldier because you come against Satan who wants to keep people bound up.
- Being a ‘nice’ person does not set anyone free, you can’t minister the Gospel if you want people to like you. You need to be the Lion of Judah, that sets people free! Truth is seldom ‘nice’ because it testifies against us. You need to love people enough to give them the truth even if they hate you. To see a change, you must love them even when they are against you and not deviate. It is important for their salvation, nothing compares with it, but you need to want it.
- Jesus had 12 disciples but one was a devil, so 11 disciples. If each of the 11 went out and got eleven disciples, in a year there would be 121. Those 121 get 121 there would be 1331. In 28 years there would be thousands of billions of followers. All have free will so not all would take the mantle and run with it, but each of us is responsible to minister the love of the Lord to all we meet and to speak the oracles of God to them.
- You need to be in prayer daily for every situation and for the Lord to search their hearts and to direct your heart to minister to anyone you meet that day and He will send people to you but you need to be fearless and trust Him, (fear and faith can never coexist!), love them and seek the Lord for them. Pray for the people you will meet as Paul prayed for us.
- You need to believe in the power of God, because where you cannot do a thing, God can do it and better! Nothing is bigger than what God has and is. Satan, China, the government, none are greater than God.
- You were dead but now have new life. You cannot serve two masters.
- The power of God is under your feet not in your circumstances, rise above the circumstances.
- You are His workmanship, but you can’t see it physically because it is spiritually in your soul and spirit. They will only know it is possible if they see it in you. God’s hand is not shortened so make allowances for things not yet done in you or in others. God is working it out!
- Walk in the new way of living and God will bless you.