Christ’s people need to walk in a way that will provoke people to make a choice. The worst thing to be is to be luke warm, we need to be polarizers, either hot or cold, which will provoke people to choose to either be hot or cold.
LISTEN TO ENTIRE WEDNESDAY VT SERVICE
WATCH FACEBOOK VIDEO FROM VT WEDNESDAY SERVICE
Service Notes For Wednesday Vermont 2018-06-27
- Steven Atherton
- Matthew 10:40, Romans 12:1-2, 1 Timothy 6:12, Psalm 1:5, 2 Corinthians 6:14, Matthew 12:46-50, Luke 17:33, Hebrews 12:11, John 15:5, James 1:8, 2 Timothy 3:12, 2 Peter 1:8-11, John 8:31, Colossians 1:23
- The Lord’s will is that none would perish. The reason the first generation of Israel didn’t enter in had nothing to do with the law of Moses. The second generation of the Israelites went in by faith.
- When people don’t choose the love of the truth, God will send strong delusion which causes them to continue in the wrong way.
- The Word of God is sharper than any two edged sword, don’t dull it in your desire to please people including yourselves.
- Presenting your carnal man a living sacrifice means you die to your carnal man and putting it off.
- How do you present yourselves holy? Yielding to your authority every day, all day in each aspect of this life.
- You are never going to get what you don’t fight for! Go after the higher standard which is Christ.
- Christ’s people need to walk in a way that is provoking to people to make a choice. The worst way to be is to be luke warm, you need to be a polarizer, either hot or cold. This will provoke people to choose and they will either be hot or cold.
- If you can’t fellowship with the Lord’s people here, what makes you think you’ll be able to do so in heaven? Light doesn’t have fellowship with darkness. Your brethren are those who do the will of the Father! If your citizenship is the Kingdom of God then why would you have any familiarity with those whose citizenship is not of the Kingdom of God?
- The Lord cares about you in every little detail even to the amount of hairs on your head.
- When you realize you can do no good thing in yourselves, you will cease to do your own thing but desire to do His will and have confidence in Him in all that is put before you. If you are not at peace in the midst of serving the Lord it’s because of unbelief and pride.
- When you conform to this world you are lukewarm, when you are transformed by the Word you are hot. When you are transformed everything changes, your mind, everything.
- Paul was willing to give up his life for Christ’s sake. He was polarizing.
- If you want to see something happen to change this nation, what are you willing to give to see that happen? Though you’ve not given much, the blood of Jesus, His grace and mercy is there and sufficient.
- You have to make your own calling and election sure. You are all called to minister. You have to be about ministering every day, all day long, that is your reasonable service.