Put off the old man and put on the new man. Why bother going to conference or revival when you go back to the way things were and to the path of least resistance afterwards?
LISTEN TO ENTIRE TX SERVICE
LISTEN TO STEVEN ATHERTON PREACH
Service Notes For Wednesday 2017-10-18
- Steven Atherton
Colossians 3:1, James 1:5, John 4:23, 1 John 4:18, 2 Timothy 1:7, Hebrews 11:13-15, Isaiah 3:12, Luke 14:26, Colossians 3:12-13
- Going back to the way things were and to the path of least resistance after revival? Then why bother?
- Every soul matters. Seek those things above so you can minister to those souls.
- Set your affection is a choice to not go back to the old ways.
- There is no fear in love, perfect love casteth out fear! Only Jesus has perfect love.
- His ways always succeed, but our ways will fail.
- Mortify your members – give them no place, and don’t go back to your old ways.
- Inordinate affection can even be toward your family – when you put them before God.
- Choose to turn to the Lord and not go back to your old ways.
- All of these things are easy to have because all it takes to put it on is to decide and choose God’s things and put off your things.
- Colossians 3:12-13 are the underwear of the Lord, which allows you to put on the armor of God with a comfortable fit.
- Put off the old and put on the new.