Put away childish things. Put away childish things, grow up and walk worthy of the vocation with which we are called.
LISTEN TO ENTIRE WEDNESDAY TEXAS SERVICE
WATCH THE FACEBOOK VIDEO OF THE TX WEDNESDAY SERVICE
LISTEN TO STEVEN ATHERTON PREACH
Service Notes For Wednesday Texas 2018-02-07
- Steven Atherton
1 Corinthians 13:11, Matthew 28:19, Ephesians 4:1-3, Ephesians 4:11-13, John 15:5, John 17:20-23, Matthew 5:48, 2 Timothy 3:1-5
- Charity is the Agape love of God. It’s a type of love that has nothing to do with your feelings, it’s a love of choice.
- When a church makes it ok to be a pew warmer, those are people who have never chosen to put off childish things.
- Jesus had to die so the ministry could grow and abound!
- We need to be a people ready to be about the Lord’s business at all times, in prayer and all manner of service unto the Lord in serving others.
- When we are as children we don’t care about anyone else, only satisfying our own desires.
- Believers are supposed to grow up and take their place. Every believer is called to fulfill a job.
- We should not be high minded about ourselves at all, without Christ we can do nothing.
- Many people can’t find a place of fellowship because they can’t find a body of Christ who preaches the truth.
- Meekness is when we have to depend wholly on another which is Christ.
- We call Jesus God because he’s bigger than us, He exceeds everyone and everything at every turn. Jesus is more manly than any other man ever!
- Apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers were all together at one time in the church. All the vocations were filled. They should be in the church still today, this is Jesus’ administration.
- The Apostles and Prophets are for the perfecting of the saints. Not perfecting them in their flesh!
- There is only one faith! Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever!
- The Church of Philadelphia are the ones that keep God’s word and walk in love.
- A proper functioning body of God, is to have people of all ages. The elder standing in the gap for the younger to continue to grow in Christ.
- God is love, if we’re going to be like Him, we need to walk in that love.
- Most people today are as children, all about themselves. Many people have no idea there is another way.
- We need to not only know it but walk in it, that’s where the Lord shows up. If we as a body will do that, we will become a living testimony of what Christ can and will do.
- When we do it ourselves others can see! The only way anyone is going to know justice, love or the power of God is if somebody walks in it.