What is esteemed in this world is pride/self-esteem. Pride is evil. It is never used in a positive way in the scriptures. God hates pride. Pride feels good, humility doesn’t.
LISTEN TO ENTIRE WEDNESDAY TEXAS SERVICE
WATCH THE FACEBOOK VIDEO OF THE TX WEDNESDAY SERVICE
LISTEN TO STEVE ATHERTON PREACH
Service Notes For Wednesday Texas 2019-03-13
- Steve Atherton
- Proverbs 16:6, Proverbs 8:13, James 4:6, Colossians 3:23, John 14:15, Deuteronomy 28, 2 Kings 6:24-7:20, 2 Chronicles 20:1-30
- How to live the Word of God. The evil way is the way of unbelief, we are to hate it.
- Most people don’t understand how God’s grace works.
- God knows that the imaginations of man’s heart is only evil continually, and we would create horrible things and situations. The earth is like a playpen that God has created for man so we have a place to play and can only do so much harm.
- The reason the earth still exists is because God is good and His grace is sufficient for us and all the stupid things we do.
- By nature we are selfish, self centered, egotistical idiots. We don’t have to teach children to do wrong, we have to teach them to do right.
- What is esteemed in this world is pride/self-esteem. To think more highly of ourselves than we ought. Pride is evil, there is no good pride. It is never used in a positive way in the scriptures, God hates pride. Pride feels good, humility doesn’t.
- If we are esteeming the things and people of this world, we don’t know the Lord at all, because it would mean esteeming everything God hates, pride. When we fear the Lord we should choose to hate the same things that God hates.
- We are not to give place to anything other than God and the things of Him, if we do we are idolators.
- Walking in God’s mercy and walking in His grace. His grace covers us all. Mercy is given to us when we come to see how we are, completely contrary to God, then we are in need of His mercy. We repent and ask the Lord to have mercy on us.
- When we become a partaker of His nature we can stand through any catastrophe.
- The horrible things that are happening now are because the people have turned away from the Lord and unto the world.
- We need to walk in Christ and become living testimonies for all those around us, so they can walk in Him as well and partake of His blessings too.