You despise the chastening of the Lord when you want to do your own thing. God delights in us, that’s why He chastens us.
LISTEN TO ENTIRE SOUTH CAROLINA SERVICE
WATCH THE SERVICE ON FACEBOOK
LISTEN TO LISA CAPSHAW PREACH
Service Notes For Sunday South Carolina 2019-11-17
- Lisa Capshaw
- Brad Capshaw
- Steve Atherton
- Proverbs 3, Luke 18
- If you are not trusting the Lord you’re going to be trusting in your own understanding. If you are leaning on your own understanding, you do not trust the Lord.
- You’re not called to walk by that old man and what makes sense to that old man. You’re going to have to go forward not by signs but by faith.
- Keep going after the new man, like a new baby with a toy. You’re not going to be good at it initially but continue. Putting off the old man requires effort. There’s not a thing for which He is not big enough.
- God wants every one of His children to walk in His victory.
- Scripture is there to show that every person we read about were ordinary people and that we may learn what extraordinary things God can do with ordinary people.
- You don’t have to understand to walk by faith. If you’re doing things by faith and in love for Him and others He will do extraordinary things and it will glorify Him.
- Belief is a choice, you get to choose what you believe. Every action in your life is a reaction to a choice you’ve made.
- All things are new if you yield to it. If you’re hanging onto the old you’ll never get the new.
- Do you honor the Lord with all your substance? You yield unto Him with everything you’ve got.
- You despise the chastening of the Lord when you want to do your own thing. God delights in us, that’s why He chastens us.