If you’re not content with food and raiment you’re going to be after your own covetousness, not going after the things of God. When you are content with food and raiment you are thankful to God and you employ it to your service for Him.
LISTEN TO ENTIRE SOUTH CAROLINA SERVICE
WATCH THE SERVICE ON FACEBOOK
LISTEN TO STEVE ATHERTON PREACH
Service Notes For Sunday South Carolina 2020-05-03
- Phillip Walthall
- Steven Atherton
- 1 Timothy 6, Psalm 37, Matthew 6:19, Philippians 4:9-20
- Are you content with food and raiment?
- Do your actions reflect your words when you say that you love God? Do you want to do things the way God says? Do you value the things you get from God?
- If you’re looking at the man or woman before you as the one that will bless you, where is your faith in God?
- If you want to walk with God and make it to heaven you need to start embracing His ways now.
- Godliness means you are operating in Him and doing as He did and does, it’s walking in Christ with Him inhabiting all that you do.
- A man does what a man wants to do.
- What do you value? What do you go after? If your focus is on God and the things of God your whole body will be filled with light.
- God does not change. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.
- When He becomes your Lord, He becomes your life. When your life is bound up in Him it’s easy to take no thought for your life because you’ve laid your life down and given it to Him.
- How much of your day is spent thinking about what you want? If your heart is to serve God and be about His business, you will seek first the kingdom of God, all you want is that you be operating and ministering in the kingdom of God. Just as Jesus did nothing of Himself, we are to do nothing of ourselves.
- If you’re not content with food and raiment you’re going to be after your own covetousness, not going after the things of God. When you are content with food and raiment you are thankful to God and you employ it to your service for Him. When you are not ruled by the things you want, then you can be ruled by the Spirit of God and operate in love.
- Be content not looking at the people as your source, you can be pleased with it for the people’s sake.