Christ is simple. The liberty He wants you to walk in is simple. You can’t get free if you reject the truth.
LISTEN TO ENTIRE SOUTH CAROLINA SERVICE
LISTEN TO STEVE ATHERTON PREACH
Service Notes For Sunday South Carolina 2020-12-27
- Steve Atherton
- Psalm 32, Romans 4, Romans 5
- Christ is simple. The liberty He wants you to walk in is simple, it’s not hard.
- You can never get free if you reject the truth. What are you going to do with the unpleasant truths about yourself? You’re going to need to put yourself aside. Are you willing to acknowledge the truth about yourself? If you’re not willing to acknowledge the truth about yourself, you will not be free in the kingdom of God.
- When you see your heart for what it is, do you justify yourself or do you want a clean heart that believes God and walks by faith? Do you want to show people and manifest all the good things of His kingdom? As a Christian, everything you do and say is a testimony to God’s Kingdom. Are you testifying well of the Kingdom of God?
- It’s never about the act, it’s about the spirit behind the act. If the Holy Spirit of God is not behind the act then it’s not testifying of Him.
- Allow the Lord to remove the moss, so that the tree underneath is perfect. Christ created a soul that is perfect, the life you lived before is not.
- The Word of God is true, are you going to believe it? Belief is a decision, not a feeling.
- A man does what a man wants to do. You can pray a great prayer, receive an answer and not see it as the answer to your prayer. Do you want to continue to be special or do you want to be Christ’s? Go forward and want what He has for you.
- You can go to the Lord and ask Him to change your heart and He will change it. Christ wants you to be free. You can command your heart to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Faith worketh by love.
- Acknowledge the hard truths about yourself. Are you forsaking your sins or assuming they’re taken care of anyway?
- Do your own ideas about who God is provoke you to fear and trembling? When your prayers aren’t answered do you receive the feedback and why you’re not getting the things of God? How many times do you reject the answer of God?
- The entry to coming to realize how good God is, is realizing how bad you are.
- When you acknowledge the truth about yourself, acknowledge you’re in error and forsake it, you then come to know the mercy and love and abundance of peace of God.
- You don’t need to understand the good things of God you just need to know they work. God’s answer is never no if the things you ask for are asked in His name.
- Christ wants you to be free. He wants you to know the fellowship of the spirit. You can have fellowship of the spirit in every single thing, when you have the right attitude in Christ Jesus. You can have great joy in any task you are given. Get free in Christ.