There were 2, which one are you? Practical Christianity. Though you find yourself in a place, you don’t have to remain there.
LISTEN TO ENTIRE SUNDAY TEXAS SERVICE
WATCH FACEBOOK VIDEO OF TEXAS SERVICE
LISTEN TO MEGAN ATHERTON PREACH
Service Notes For Sunday Texas 2019-03-24
- Megan Atherton
- Steven Atherton
- Genesis 4, Matthew 21:28-32, Luke 15:11, Psalm 51, Luke 23:39, John 21:15
- There were two, which one are you?
- Perfection. Pass or fail. 100% or not. What does this look like?
- The Lord spoke to Cain twice and didn’t speak to Abel even once. Why? Because He didn’t have to! Abel knew, from Adam, what was good and right.
- There were two, which one are you? One brings their works and the other brings the works of God.
- Practical Christianity starts with reading and knowing His Word and then doing what you should do.
- God is merciful to the merciful. God is good and righteous.
- Our flesh is usually our first response, but God can work that out of you.
- You have a choice! When you hear what comes out of your mouth, you know what’s in your heart and you can ask God to change your heart, to create in you a clean heart.
- You end up in a situation because of your own choices.
- Sin against the Lord vs sin before others. We need to repent before God first and foremost.
- Both brothers could have had the inheritance their father had for them, it was their choice to receive it.
- Though you may find yourself in a place, you don’t have to remain there, it’s your choice.
- Jesus never claimed to do a work Himself.
- Have your hope in God or believe you can do it? One is very comfortable to the flesh, the other is not comfortable at all.