Where’s your confidence? Don’t go down with the plane. Do you have confidence in the Lord?
LISTEN TO ENTIRE WEDNESDAY TEXAS SERVICE
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO RICK EUTSLER
Service Notes For Wednesday Texas 2020-11-04
- Rick Eutsler, Jr.
- Philippians 1:1-6, Psalms 92:1-15, Isaiah 40:12, John 16:33, Romans 5:3, James 1:2, Hebrews 11:6
- Where is your confidence? Your confidence should be entirely in Christ.
- Food stamps, health insurance, social security, none of those things hold a candle to the almighty God.
- David knew God, he was a friend of God and his confidence was in God.
- (Delivered lambs from lion – David)
- How sad it is that the people of God seem to need to get to a place of desperation before they cry out to God.
- There’s nothing you have that wasn’t given to you. (Paul talks of this).
- David talks in Psalms 92 about understanding God’s work and his thankfulness for it.
- If Isaiah 40 is God, where else would you want to put your confidence?
- Why would you put your energy and effort anywhere other than in the things of God? Unless you actually don’t have confidence in God.
- Do you really know that God is able to fix it all?
- John 16:33 In the world there are going to be things that look too big and too hard.
- Story: Carter being asked to go on the road as a trucker, because it was an opportunity from God, why wouldn’t you want to jump all over it?
- When things look too big for you, you can do what Jesus says in John 16:33, be of good cheer because if you’re in Christ, if He has overcome the world, you have also overcome it.
- Decide right now that the only one thing you’re going after is the will of God.
- Take a mental inventory of the things and people you put your trust in. If any of them are not Jesus, you’re still clinging to something way less than the awesomeness of God.
- Story: Dave Wilkerson’s grandfather’s lamb chop story.
- Determine to believe God regardless of everything you see, think, feel, believe. You choose to believe God.
- Stop gripping your old life (like Rick would grip the airplane rather than parachute out of it).
- Your life without Christ is an airplane that’s going to go down and crash. He’s offering you a way off the plane, it’s the parachute and a leap of faith. Don’t go down with the plane!
- Do you want David’s testimony? Do you have his confidence in the Lord?
- There’s nothing God can’t fix, no divide He can’t cross. Let go of your way and cleave to His way and believe that He is God.
- Hebrews 11:6 is something that you can hold onto. You must believe that He is God, AND that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
- Don’t try and fool yourself or God, ask Him to show you where you put your trust.